Hair transplant is one of the best ways to improve your overall look and get hair on the bald area of the head. Most of the males as well as females experience baldness due to excessive hair fall. Some problems related to hair fall control is easy to treat with medications but hair transplant becomes necessary when a majority of factors like stress, hormonal imbalance, medications, illness and stress contribute towards the menace.
Advancement in technology related to hair transplant for men have been made by most hair specialist clinics because of the increasing demand for it. In this procedure, the hair specialist strictly follows certain follicle groupings in order to make their client’s hair look natural. When it comes to this, an individual who undergoes the entire treatment should make sure that such treatment will be performed only by a professional or an expert with a very good reputation. This will guarantee an assured result after the process has been done. For an individual to obtain that natural looking hair, he should be able to choose natural hair to be transplanted to him. This will give the most natural effect after the surgery.
Fast Facts on Hair Transplant
- The transplanted hair even looks like and behaves like natural hair and thus, starts shedding after one month of the treatment.
- The roots of the transplanted hair start sprouting after four or five weeks of the treatment. The sprouting of the hair will continue till the lifetime.
- The procedure is performed after the application of local anaesthesia, thus patients can go home the very same day of the operation.
- Hair restoration and hair transplant are two different methods. However, both these methods do not control hair fall.
- This surgical procedure is not an ideal treatment for every kind of hair loss. The suitability of the method varies from one case to another.
- Not every person undergoing this surgical procedure needs to experience a healthy crop of hair. The results usually vary from one person to another depending upon his/her genetics and natural hair quality.
- The total cost of hair transplant in Delhi based clinics may vary depending upon the factors like skills and qualifications of the surgeon, numbers of grafts, etc. The simple rule is higher the number of grafts, more expensive would be the procedure.
When to Consider and Not to Consider Hair Transplant?
You are a good candidate for the surgery if experiencing male pattern baldness, thinning hair and lost hair due to scalp injury or burn. The hair replacement or transplant is not a good option if:
- A person is suffering from keloid scars after a surgery or injury
- Hair loss is the outcome of medication like chemotherapy
- Women suffering from a widespread pattern of hair loss instead of pattern baldness
- The “donor” hair sites have not enough hair for transplant
Steps Involved in Hair Transplant
It is a safe surgical process of removing hair follicles from a body part like legs or face and planted them on a hairless site.
The follicles of hair are obtained via two techniques: Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
The steps involved in FUT hair transplant are:
- From the back of a head, a strip of scalp skin is removed with the help of a scalpel. The incision made during the procedure involves several stitches that too several inches long.
- The incisions are closed with stitches
- The removed scalp portion is separated into small sections with the help of a sharp surgical knife and a magnifying lens. When implanted on the hairless sites, these sections help in naturally achieving hair growth.
In FUE, hundreds to thousands of incisions are made to take out hair follicles directly from the back of the head. The steps involved are as follows:
- With the help of a needle or blade, tiny holes are made in the hairless area of the scalp. After making holes, placement of hair follicles takes place in these holes.
- During one sitting, transplantation of hundreds or even thousands of hair follicles takes place.
- After successful implantation, bandages and gauzes used for covering the scalp for a few days.
Whether a person opts for FUT hair transplant procedure or FUE procedure, multiple sessions are required to restore the hair of the complete head. These sessions take place in the gap of one or two months so that complete healing takes place. The surgery usually runs for four hours maximum period. The surgeons will remove stitches after 10 days of the surgery.
Do not panic if a person experiences hair fall after a few weeks of the surgery; it is a normal part of the procedure.
It is a non-invasive procedure and reputed hair transplant clinics in Delhi performed the procedure on an outpatient basis. For a few days, patients are advised to take antibiotics and to protect the head from the sun. Some other aftercare tips of the procedure are as follows:
- Washing hair with a mild shampoo after a few days of the surgery
- Patients can resume their normal working schedule after 3 or 4 days of the surgery
- Avoid combing down or brushing the new grafts for about 3 to 4 weeks
- Start wearing pullover shirts, jackets and a hat after consultation with your surgeon
- Avoid exercising for a week
Just like every surgery, even hair transplant has a few side effects like bleeding, infections, scalp pain, etc. These adverse effects are mild. To get the best results, look for a reputed FUT Hair Transplant surgeon or center.
Best Clinic for FUT Hair Transplant
Go to best FUT hair transplant clinic in Delhi, where licensed and only certified surgeons perform the procedure. Do check the track record of the clinic as well as the surgeon before undergoing the surgery. The best clinic to visit is Clinic Dermatech where experienced and veteran professionals do the job with a full guarantee and assured result.