Alopecia Areata is a bad hair loss condition where small bald spots emerge in the scalp. Mean to say, it may not be limited to just one area of the head such as the crown or temple.
It is important to consult a professional to get better and timely results. There is no perfect solution to put an end to this hair loss condition but it can be reduced to some extent.
Proper care and the choice of the right advanced treatment can help reduce hair loss and trigger hair growth in a timely manner. Ever wondered what the most effective remedies for alopecia areata are?
This article discusses the most effective remedies for alopecia areata problem. If you are diagnosed with alopecia areata or you lose too many hairs regularly and want to fix this issue fast, this topic is for you.
Understanding Alopecia Areata
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, “alopecia areata is a medical condition that can affect many areas of your life.” Hair growth experts are constantly working on this problem.
Currently, there is no enough proof to suggest the actual causes of alopecia areata. Neither do we have a perfect solution to put an end to this hair loss condition. Routine care can surely help.
This condition is not linked to poor health or diet. In other words, this problem can take place even if you have good mental and physical health. Its occurrence is linked to various factors.
There are three types of alopecia: alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, and alopecia Universalis. You can try natural remedies coupled with routine care to reduce your hair fall due to this condition.
Remedies To Control Alopecia Areata
Alopecia Areata is not a simple condition to deal with and suitable advanced treatment can be more helpful than the simple home remedies. However, regular care and some natural remedies can be helpful. Here are some home remedies that can help the victims of alopecia areata:
- Do Not Get Stressed Out: Physical and mental stress can be one of the reasons for your hair loss. It is true that we get worried due to hair fall but we should stay normal and take great care to keep the existing hair at least. Moreover, some steps can be taken to reduce losing hair.
- Take Healthy Food Regularly: Alopecia areata may not be due to poor diet but you can use healthy food as a weapon against this medical condition. By regularly providing vitamins and nutrition to your hair follicles, you can do a lot for your hair.
- Keep Your Body Moving All Day: Physical movements are important to living a healthy life. It is good to take physical exercises and long walks to keep your body fit. Regular physical movements ensure sustained blood supply to the hair follicles in the scalp.
- Consult A Hair Growth Expert Regularly: One of the best ways to deal with any mental or physical issue is to take professional help. Dealing it you may not deliver the desired results but advice from an expert can help you nail it sooner than later.
- Cover Up The Scalp To Protect Your Hair: The scalp is a sensitive organ that can get affected due to different factors in our environment. The scalp of the people with alopecia areata may become more sensitive than normal and covering it can be helpful.
- If Possible Avoid Too Cold Temperatures: Too cold temperature can also expedite the hair loss problem if you have alopecia areata. If you have alopecia areata, you should avoid cold temperatures, If possible.
Advanced Treatments To Curb Alopecia Areata
Though there is no perfect alopecia areata treatment, there are still some ways using which we can reduce the level of damage this issue can cause. In this section, we are going to discuss some advanced techniques to deal with this problem:
- Topical Minoxidil: This is a common technique for hair growth and people can use it for a mild form of alopecia areata. Minoxidil is a world-famous medication that is available in pharmacy stores. It can be applied once or twice a day according to an individual’s requirements.
- Oral Corticosteroids: This treatment involves taking a tablet orally. It is recommended for those who have extensive scalp hair loss. This medicine tries to suppress disease activity and trigger hair growth.
- Topical Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are believed to reduce inflammation around hair follicles for alopecia areata patients. Different companies make this drug with different trade names.
- Topical Immunotherapy: A severe form of alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, and alopecia Universalis can be treated using this method. Chemicals such as diphencyprone (DPCP), dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB), or squaric acid dibutyl ester (SADBE) are applied to the scalp in this treatment.
- Anthralin Cream Or Ointment: It is a tar-like synthetic substance that is commonly used to treat psoriasis. It is also widely used to treat alopecia areata.
- Intralesional Corticosteroid Injections: These injections are commonly used for this hair loss condition and corticosteroids have injected the skin with a tiny syringe in this method.
- Immunomodulators: Drugs To Block The Immune Response: To reduce this problem, some drugs can be used to block the immune response. These drugs are also known as immunomodulatory drugs. You might have read about Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitors – tofacitinib (Xeljanz) and ruxolitinib (Jakafi) – that are used in this regard.
There are other treatment options as well and your hair growth expert can guide you further.
Hair Regrowth Goals: The End Result
This article discussed the most effective remedies for alopecia areata problem. If you are diagnosed with alopecia areata or you lose too many hairs regularly and want to fix this issue fast, this topic might have helped you.
In the end, we can say that taking regular care can be good to stop losing hair. You can also try some simple home remedies if you are serious about your hair growth. You can search for more home remedies online.
Do not hesitate to discuss your problem with a hair growth expert because a hair growth expert can make your hair great again. You can also learn more about this topic by reading more articles about this important topic. Wish you all the best with your hair growth goals.
- Alopecia Areata: Self-Care. American Academy of Dermatology: https://www.aad.org/alopecia-care
- Treatments for Alopecia Areata. National Alopecia Areata Foundation: https://www.naaf.org/alopecia-areata/alopecia-areata-treatments