In this Modern World, people are fond of having good health and structure of their body. Many people move towards the Gym to maintain their fitness and shape of the body.
Yet few people skip the habit of doing Squats as it seems to be hard. Even though, Squat gives you more fitness benefits than other exercises.
The squat is often known as ‘leg exercise’ but it is a powerful way to improve your overall fitness and get the desired result.
This is the simple exercise as it doesn’t require any equipment and it can be performed anywhere.
What is a Squat?
The squat is one of the best fitness movements that are considered as the primary thing to learn than other exercises.
The squat is a compound exercise that can be carried out either in a gym or home based on your convenience. Squat is responsible for both building up of the targeted muscles and the growth of muscles.
Proper Way to Do Squat Exercise in Your Home
You can do the set up for Squat exercise at home easily. Make the right place for doing squat in your home and be ready for doing squat.
- The first thing you have to do before starting the squat exercise is warm up your body.
- Keep your feet in such a way it is slightly wider than hips. Place your toes with an angle of 5 to 20 degrees slightly outward. And your knees should be placed in the center position over your feet.
- Now make your look to the straight ahead and choose a place on the wall which is in front of you. While doing Squat exercise you should not move your look towards floor or ceil instead you must view that chosen spot on the wall.
- If you do the squat for bodyweight, you should put your hand in front of you which must be parallel to the floor. Then you have to keep your position of the spine in a neutral way. This means that you should not keep your back in the wrong position like extending or changing it on any side.
- In this position, you must feel the whole weight of your body on the heels but you can able to move the toes.
- While starting to do squat you have to maintain the tightness in your body throughout the exercise.
- Start to squat by breathing in then break at your hip by pushing your butt back and hold it for five seconds.
- Move your hip backward until your knees are in bend position and place your hands on your thighs.
- Make sure that you are doing with your hips back and not bending the knees.
- Now keeping the back and neutral spine straight, make your chest and the shoulders up. And look up the spot on the wall not looking anywhere.
- When you do the squat down have a keen focus on knees that is in the line of your feet. If they come inside the toes keep it away from it.
- Continue squat down up to when your hip joint is lower than your knees. It varies depending upon the size of your thighs and it may look less deep. Even you can go deeper but it is considered as a partial squat.
- After these steps, breathe out yourself by keeping the body tight and keep your ball of feet on the floor.
- Repeat the same steps for 15-20 times and as a beginner, you can do two to three sets.
- It is better to do 2-3 times per week
People have the thought like doing Squat exercise is not good for knee health. But many researchers have found that doing the Squat exercise in a proper manner is best for knees in addition to the overall fitness of the body.
squat for beginners: Video
Common Mistakes that you should avoid in Squat
In the Squat session, people will commit some mistakes that can cause many problems in the body. To avoid those hard situations you have to understand the mistakes that you should not do in the squat exercise.
A proper squat will strengthen your leg, muscles, and glutes, improves the mobility of body etc. but a bad squat wouldn’t make the muscle to function well and leads to risks like the injury.
- You should not keep your foot so wider or narrow it should be in the right position.
- You have to keep your abs and butt at the right posture
- Should not carry out the exercise by looking anywhere
- It is wrong to start the squat from the knees
- Your knee should be outward rather than going inward
- Avoid bending of your back
- You should never lift your heels from the ground
Squat as your Fitness Routine
Generally, exercise plays a vital role to maintain the physical, mental and emotional health. Doing exercise offers you benefits in preventing the disease, slow aging and helps to boost up the energy in your body.
So, adding Squat exercise in your daily fitness routine helps you in many ways. You should make your lifestyle changes to maintain your body healthy and safe. Every day spend some time to do squat exercise and continue the same habit without feeling lazy.
This results in muscle building by activating the anabolic environment and provides the mobility to do your daily routines with much ease. Squat stands as the time-efficient way to burn more calories than other fitness challenges.
Benefits of Doing Squat Exercise
Increase the Body Strength and Muscle
The squat is the main exercise to improve your widebody muscles. If you squat regularly and routinely, your body tends to release the testosterone and activities the growth hormone. These are the imperative things for enlarging the muscle mass.
Prevent the Disease
The muscles that are grown by the squat exercise will maintain the body glucose and insulin level thus by preventing common diseases like diabetes, obesity and cardiac diseases.
Helps in Weight Loss
Since Squats are the compound exercise they act as amazing fat burners. So, Squats helps in reducing the unwanted fats and keeps you fit and trim. In addition to this, Squat exercise can improve your body muscles than before.
Improve the Posture and Mobility
Due to the performance of various movements on the body squat enhance the leg muscles. So you can observe the improvement of mobility and flexibility of your body. This also results in a good posture for your body.
Squat improves the Circulation
While doing the squat exercise the muscles of your body get stretched and it leads to the good pumping of blood on your whole body. Fine blood circulation is that more nutrients and oxygen is supplied to all the essential parts of the body.
Squat helps in Digestion
The muscular movements that occur in the squat exercise increase the fluid flow in the body. This process helps to remove waste from the body as it makes the disposal of wastage easier. Thus squat helps in digestion and removes the unwanted material from the body and keeps you fresh.
Can work out the Squat anywhere
As Squat is a simple exercise you don’t want to go to a gym or use any equipment. This enables you to do this squat exercise anywhere you are.
Give you the better balance
Squats not only help for obtaining the best posture but also to give you a better balance. This helps you to maintain the balance while doing regular activities like sitting, standing and walking. Also, it is much useful for women as it strengthens the back muscles and to reduce the back pain.
Tone your Leg
In the squat exercise, the leg is the main part that workout more than other parts of the body. So you can squat to get toned leg and it is the more effective way to have a great posture in the leg part.
Builds healthy Bones and Joints
Everyone knows that physical activity is very important for building strong bones and joints. So you can follow the squat exercise to have a strong body.
Since many athletics and players always start their practice by including the squat exercise in their warm-up session.
Get rounder Butt
Many people follow the Squat exercise for availing the butt shape as it can firm up the buttocks well. In order to get rounder butt, you can add the squat exercise in your fitness routines.
Better Libido for Men
Libido deficiency is a problem that occurs for men and affects their life. For such persons, Squat exercise is the natural remedy for the lack of libido. This helps in increasing the testosterone level as well as the flow of blood to the genitalia.
Thus, these are the steps and methods to do the Squat exercise at your home. You can also come to know about squat and its benefits of doing it regularly.
Do Squat Exercise and Live Stronger!