A concussion may be a traumatic brain injury that results from the brain hitting the skull or a strain on neural tissue thanks to excessive force. Longer-term impacts are unusual however an expected 20% of people will encounter persistent symptoms of post-concussion syndrome, where their symptoms last for over a few months and a half.
What are the various levels of symptoms of Concussion?
Depending upon the severity, symptoms of concussion are often classified into grades.
Grade 0: you’ll experience headaches and can face difficulty in concentrating.
Grade 1: At this stage, you’ll experience headaches, difficulty in concentrating, and feel dizzy for fewer than a moment.
Grade 2: Grade 1 symptoms are noticed with dizziness pity an extended duration. At this stage the patient also will notice symptoms like confusion, amnesia, ringing within the ears, and irritability.
Grade 3: At this stage, you’ll lose consciousness for a brief period not than a moment.
Grade 4: At this stage, consciousness will last for extended than a moment.
Concussion recovery might require 7 to 10 days in some cases. Grade 0 or 1 would require 1 or 2 days of rest to return to normal activities. For Grade 2 headache might require a couple of days of rest. Whereas Grade 3 or 4 requires a minimum of a couple of weeks of recovery time. regardless of the severity of your concussion, it’s recommended to be symptom-free before returning to your normal activities.
Make sure you are doing not take any medication without consulting the doctors. Suppose if someone who has recently suffered from a severe brain injury, aren’t alleged to be left alone for a minimum of 48 hours.
Do not forget to consult your doctor to ascertain once you can:
- Resume your work
- Drive a vehicle
- Travel in an airplane
- Start your sports activities
- Intake of alcohol
12 tips to get over concussion faster
- Reduce screen time: Sustained work on bright lights of the screen is often eye-straining and this might worsen your concussion. So attempt to limit the quantity of your time you invest on your laptop, mobile or TV or the other device.
- Limit the exposure to loud sounds: Avoid exposing to loud sounds and bright fluorescent lights and provides your body time to heal. Noisy sounds and brilliant bright lights may exacerbate your migraine.
- Limit the unnecessary movement of your head and neck: Avoid anything which may require your neck or head to hustle around. These developments can cause grade 0 or grade 1 concussion. Therefore, it’s recommended to attenuate such motions of head and neck so as to get over them.
- Stay hydrated: As dehydration might raise the danger of concussion, it’s suggested to remain hydrated while you’re at the recovery stage.
- Rest: this is often an important part of your recovery. One must take proper rest to scale back the strain level of your body and this, in turn, would assist you in speedy recovery.
- Avoid sports activity: As sports may need indulged motion of your neck and head, it’d increase your risk of concussion. Therefore, it’s advisable to avoid sports during your recovery period.
- Avoid alcohol consumption: Alcoholic beverages might hamper your recovery and should increase the danger of a rise in concussion. Keep away from the admission of liquor during your recuperation period.
- Intake more protein: Practicing a healthy diet is extremely essential especially during your recovery process. attempt to intake the maximum amount of protein like meat, beans, fish, and nuts.
- Eat food rich in Omega-3s: Omega-3s carboxylic acid helps within the recovery of neurons in concussion. So food like fatty fish, like salmon, walnuts, flax seeds, soy, and chia seeds should be consumed.
- Consume antioxidants: Researchers propose that antioxidants help in improving memory and by and large working of neurons.
- Be patient: Patience is extremely essential during the recovery period. Urging to urge back to your normal activities can make things worse especially if symptoms come and go. Therefore, have patience and provides time for your body to recover.
- Consult Doctor: Your doctors will assist you with some additional recovery tips. Contact your doctor and don’t take any medications without consulting them.
If you’re handling any consequences of a concussion or sustaining any brain injury, it’s better to succeed in bent the doctor immediately. If it’s serious, it should be treated in an early stage in order that your chances of getting a full recovery are far better.
Read the infographic below.
facebook likes kaufen