Nowadays workout is defined as an exercise or practice in order to improve the fitness for purpose of competition in the athletes. And also helps us in identifying the stamina, ability, capacity in an individual. The chest workout is done for the purpose of balancing the chest in the upper part of the body and also for developing the muscles. Based on the process of work in the lower and upper chest, there is a center line placed in-between the Pecs for achieving the targets and support the goals.
Best Chest Workout for Men
According to the workout in a chest, it is mainly useful for building the muscles in the chest, the minor pectoralis which is small and pectoralis major. Here is some of the important chest workout for men are,
- Cable Cross-Over: Low to High
- Cable Cross-Over: High to Low
- Dumbbell Bench Press Incline
- Dumbbell Neutral Grip-Bench Press
- Barbell Bench Press
- Resistance Band Pull- Apart
- Plate Press-Out
- Sliding Disc Push-Up
Cable Cross-Over: Low to High
According to the Cable Cross- Over exercise, the targeted is on the upper region of pectoralis major. Based on the fitness level there is 10-40 pound that is being loaded in each hand which has the sets of 3-4 in sets. And for 8-12 reps, it has the purpose of plating started on the upper chest.
Procedure for doing Cable Cross-Over: Low to High:
- On both sides in cable pulley set them in a lower position and attach on both sides the D-handle. Due to grip in overhand, hold the handle in each of the hand standing between the feet on the shoulder apart from the width. Consider your back side of the body in a straight position, chest facing upwards and the arms which extend to downwards on sides.
- Consider this as the position to start. Gently place your arms which is bent slightly, keep both the handles in upside and in the forward direction until it reaches the level of the eye. The term scooping uses for the resemblances as the movement on hips is located at the front surface of the face. Gently take a tempo in a relaxed manner for the purpose of getting the contraction on top and then bring back the handles to the first position to start.
Cable Cross-Over: High to Low
Based on this exercise, it is mainly targeted on the lower portion of pectoralis which is in major. Due to the working set up from the big pec which is associated with the different angle. Place the pulley on the height of the midway as it helps the handles in placing them in a center position of the core with the grip that remains neutral.
Procedure for doing Cable Cross-Over: High to Low:
- Gently place both sides of a pulley in a setting which is to be highest and to each of the sides attach them with the D-handle. Take a hand in a grip, on each of the hand hold the handle and make a stand across them on the feet by facing the width on shoulder apart.
- The shape of the arms should be in T structure which extends and keeps your elbow in a bent position. Basically, this is considered as the starting position of the exercise. Gently place both of the handles in a downward direction and the bellybutton experiences a scooping motion when they attain a meet in the front part of hips.
Dumbbell Bench Press Incline
According to the study in 2016, the performance on a press has a position of 30-45 degrees on the flat position which is activating on the upper portion of pecs situated on the flat position for 20-50 percent in which the contraction is maximum.
Procedure for doing Dumbbell Bench Press Incline:
- Consider a bench being inclined to an angle of 30- 45 degree. Due to grabbing of dumbbells in a grip which is in overhand and gently sits on the backward by placing the head across the bench and keep the feet in the flat position on the surface of the ground.
- Kindly, lift both of the dumbbells for the purpose of the middle portion of the chest. On pressing the weight towards the upward direction by also moving them to reach each other from the start position. Repeat the reps.
Dumbbell Neutral- Grip Bench Press
Based on the Dumbbell Neutral- Grip Bench Press the average weight should be kept very close to each other when performing the exercises in a whole range of the motion being present in the body. Imagine that the weight is in the upward direction with the help of pecs and we should not use the arms.
Procedure for doing Dumbbell Neutral- Grip Bench Press:
- Gently grab the dumbbell in both ends by using the grip which is in neutral which helps to face on all sides as it lies on the backward of a bench which remains flat. Holding the dumbbells on each side of the arms it closes and extends in the air above the part of the chest. Consider the position as the start.
- On the purpose of the contract, the pec muscles should have a focus on the lowering of the dumbbells when it helps to have a touch in the position of the chest. After the pressing is done, then move them to the start position for the purpose of a rep.
Barbell Bench Press
Whenever you are doing the exercise, we should use a spotter for the purpose of lifting the heavyweights which are present in the body. Due to the exercise, a spotter is a gym person in a group. But according to this, it provides a proper certification in the case of a trainer who is mentioned in a personal and has a good knowledge for the purpose of training.
Procedure for doing Barbell Bench Press:
- Gently lie on the backward direction in the barbell bench press by placing the feet in a flat position which is on the surface of the ground and keeping the head portion against the bench. Below the packed bar, the eyes can be placed in a direct position.
- The shoulder width should be placed in the overhand in the grip position by grabbing the bar. Gently, keep the position of the arms in a extend manner, as it can have the ability to unrack the bar on the chest position directly. Consider this as the start position.
- By placing the elbows in the bar which is in the lower position as it helps to touch the chest which is present in the level which is a nipple and have a gentle push by moving it to the arms in a straight position. By performing the lift position, the core should be engaged and avoid the excess on lowering back to the position by moving the chest position.
Resistance Band Pull- Apart
Based on the Resistance Band Pull-Apart exercise, it has the 3 set of reps each having 10-15 reps which help in the purpose of warming up and finishing the exercise. And you can perform the exercise by making the pump to get strong in nature.
Procedure for doing Resistance Band Pull- Apart:
- Gently stand up keeping the feet upon the shoulder in a width which is kept apart on facing the head in the forward direction. By holding the resistance in normal position keeping the front of hand in a grip as the arms in the fully extends.
- According to the band which is extra, gently extend the band in each of the hand. Make sure this as the start position. By slowly spreading the arms in which the band can be kept in full apart. On focusing the shoulder which helps to blade each other.
- Gently spread the arms in which the band helps in reaching the chest position. Bring back the arms in front of a level of the eye. Keep the control in a stretch in each of the repetition throughout the exercise. Then have a proper assure of making them have a start position.
Plate Press- Out
We can perform the exercise from 10-15 reps in as it helps to increase the horizontal size reps which are situated in the first position. Press the plate in an upward direction, above the chest surface. Combine both the press in overhead and plate press as it hardens the upper surface of the body with fatigue.
Procedure for doing Plate Press-Out:
- Gently, catch the plate as it weighs around 10-45 pound and stands in a straight direction facing the hip of feet in width. Grab the plates in both of the hands, as it can exceed from the arm side in a straight position facing the chest in a front direction. Consider this as a start position.
- Keep the abs in tight condition and back portion of the body, arms in a straight direction. Then crunch the shoulder part with blades as plate becomes close to the chest part. When you bring the plate to close position, gently press the weight in a straight from back position. Consider this as one rep.
In order to increase the difficulty in chest workout in the men, we do the exercise named as the rotational push-up. The push-up is considered a convenient way in order to build the chest position.
Procedure for doing Push-up:
- We should place the hands in the shoulder from width apart from the floor position. Gently extend both sides of the arm and the legs as it does not touch the floor, only the palm and toe tip can touch the portion of the floor. The feet must be in a hip apart from the width. Consider this as a start position.
- Gently, keep the hand and toe as it has contact with a surface of the ground, then lower the body facing towards the floor surface, when the elbow becomes 90-degree angle in which upper arms become parallel to the surface of the ground. Tuck the elbow on both sides and make a push from the floor against in order to come back to start position. When we move up and down, crunch the glutes and abs as it supports the lower portion in back.
The term dip is considered as the best exercise that helps to build the triceps, front shoulders and chest portion of the body. And also it helps to train the muscles in various angle and also with the range of the motion.
Procedure for doing Dip:
- First, stand across the two bars which are parallel to each other. Then gently place one of the hands in the bar from the floor position as it supports the weight from the ground surface in the arms which is being extended. In order to keep the chest in a downward angle, lean in a forwarding direction. Consider this as a start position.
- Then bend the arms for lowering from downward direction, as it maintains the lean in forward. Whenever you are doing this exercise, you can get a chest in a good condition and triceps gets stretched. By pushing across the bars we can return back to start position. It is considered as one rep.
Sliding Disc Push-Up
In order to obtain some variation to the exercise, you should make a try to Sliding Disc Push-Up exercise. On pushing both of the hands to the push –up variations, it can force your body to get the instability as it helps to increase the strength of the core, upper body endurance, and balance.
Procedure for doing Sliding Disc Push-Up:
- Whenever you kneel on the floor, the shoulder arms should be kept in a width. And keep the hands on a disc which is sliding in nature as Val slide, a plate full of weight otherwise paper plate. Raising the push-up position slowly, not disturbing the hand for the purpose of a slide out from the underneath. Consider this as a start position.
- Gently, give the pressure to each of the Valslide in order to spread the arms for lowering the body surface in a floor. For the first time, when you reach the push-up in a bottom, the chest muscles are useful for pulling the sliders to back as it returns to the start position. Consider this as one rep.
Benefits of chest exercise for Men:
- The posture can be improved in order to make the strong pecs as it helps to ensure that the person has a strong back in which the muscles grow stronger on the posterior deltoids. And also the back side of the shoulders and the upper portion gets strengthen which includes rhomboids and trapezius.
The function gets enhanced:
- The strong Pecs generally contributes the upper body strength in overall. And it can help us to increase the tendency of lifting the things such as heavy barbell, stalled car or couch. The shoulders can be placed along with the pecs in which it acts as an intrinsic for a capacity of actions in swinging and throw.
- The major benefits of the chest exercise for men are the appearance. The strong pecs are valued on the hot day when the individual man hits the swimming pool. As the person can look more confident and strong in nature as they can attract the opposite person.
Best Chest Workout for Women
The chest workout is considered as the best exercise, in which it provides the extraordinary way to lift from the bust. It is very much useful for the girls to prevent the sagging and get the shape in the back portion of the body. And also working out in chest muscles for women helps us to improve the better posture such that it can enhance the confidence and silhouette in overall.
There are some effective chest exercises for women are as follows,
- Standing Chest Stretch
- Camel Pose
- Seated Dumbbell Fly
- Lying Chest Fly
- Wide Push-ups
- Medicine Ball Push-up
- Dumbbell Plank Rotation
- Isometric Chest Exercise
- Wall Push-Ups
- Overhead Shoulder Press
Standing Chest Stretch
Whenever you start new routine or exercise, it is very much essential to stretch the muscles for the purpose of doing work as it helps to prevent some injuries.
Procedure for doing Standing Chest Stretch:
- Be in a standing position, with the spine in erect and abs in a tight position. On rolling the shoulders towards the back and gently lift the arms. By bending the elbows, as the forearms are faced parallel to each other.
- By pushing the hands towards the back and chest should be open up. Then hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds.
This camel pose helps in open up of the chest in order to stretch the entire area in a good manner. So this leads to good stretch at the back position and makes the skin to glow. In order to get the glowing skin, you should practice this exercise properly.
Procedure for doing Camel Pose:
- By getting down into your knees, gently place them apart from a little. Then bend in a backward position, take arms behind and grab down the heels along with the knees.
- Generally, by opening up chest you may feel the stretch the body parts in a back and in the chest position. Then hold this camel pose for 30 seconds.
Seated Dumbbell Fly
The Seated Dumbbell Fly exercise helps to work in an alternate manner in the upper back muscles as well as chest muscles. This exercise is defined as a beginner level exercise as it is composed with the dumbbell sets.
Procedure for doing Seated Dumbbell Fly:
- Gently keep the spine in an erect position by sitting on the bench, the shoulder of legs should be kept in a width apart as it rolls towards the back of the shoulders and keeps the abs tight. Grab the dumbbells in each of the hands to make the hands to get dangle.
- Then lift the arms and exhale until the dumbbell reaches the level of the shoulder. There are 2 sets of 12 reps. By the process of inhaling; you can lower both hands.
Lying Chest Fly
The lying chest fly is defined as the exercise in which it is same as that of seated chest fly. Of all the work out exercise in women, the lying chest fly is considered as a classic exercise and more effective on pectorals to work. In order to proceed in exercise, you should have a stability ball and the dumbbells for both hands.
Procedure for doing Lying Chest Fly:
- On the stability ball, you must sit in a top position for doing the exercise, and should hold the dumbbell in both of the hands. The spine should be in an erect position, and feet should be wider in little when compared with the width of the shoulder.
- When your torso is getting parallel to the floor you must keep on moving in a forward direction. At that time, the backside of shoulder only has the chance of touching the ball
This is instability. The level of chest, femur and pelvic region should remain always the same so that abs get reserved. Above the chest portion, you should raise the arms in a straight direction as that palm in the hands also faces each other. Take a deep breath and spread to arm position and the motion gets flown in order to get the dumbbell to the chest level. Come back to the start position by getting the arms.
The term wide push-ups are considered as a regular push-up exercise such that arms get wider when compared with the width of the shoulder. The wide push-up is concentrated on the chest effect as both the hands are placed with a long gap.
Procedure for doing Wide Push-ups:
- To start the exercise, take the position of push-up in toes and hands by placing the spine in the straight direction and the abs tight. Keep the position of the hand in a wider position when compared with shoulders.
- By pressing down the elbow should be bend and you should go into a very low position. To get into start position you must push.
Medicine Ball Push-up
The medicine ball push-up is considered a very challenging push-up when compared with all other push up in women work out exercises. If you have a little knowledge regarding the practice of this exercise, you can further proceed in a very good form. In this exercise, you must have two medicine balls for practicing this exercise in a good way.
Procedure for doing Medicine Ball Push-up:
- Consider the shoulder width; gently keep the two medicine balls on the surface of the floor. Keep the palm in two balls and then the legs should be extended behind. And both of the toes which get flexed must support the lower portion of the body.
- Then elbow should get flexed, the body should be lowered in order to remain the start position.
Dumbbell Plank Rotation
The Dumbbell plank rotation is an important exercise, in which it helps to increase the core as it gets modified with the muscles in the chest. In order to do this exercise regularly, we need two dumbbells.
Procedure for doing Dumbbell Plank Rotation:
- You must take two of the dumbbells and placed them on the mat, on a width of the shoulder. By kneeling down on a mat, gently lean forward and catch the dumbbell on both of the hands. The dumbbell should be placed in the position of the elbow and shoulders.
- You must hold the dumbbell in a firm manner, and extending the legs on the backward direction. Place according to the shoulder-width or hip-width.
- Gently, by lifting up the dumbbell in the right hand, the body should get opened up and it gets rotated in the left side. Extend the right hand and face in an upward direction in order to view the dumbbell.
- On the other process, the left side of hand should be in a firm form on facing the other dumbbell so twisting the left leg can support you to balance the body. Generally, in order to obtain the start position, get the right hand to start a level. Repeat the same procedure for the left side of a hand.
Isometric Chest Exercise
The Isometric Chest Exercise is essential for making the chest muscles to get stronger. In order to precede this exercise, you do not want any on the equipment because you should utilize only the strength in the body.
Procedure for doing Isometric Chest Exercise:
- You must stand in a straight direction, by keeping the spine in the erect position and the shoulders must get relaxed. Keep both the hands in front part of the chest and give a long press across each other hand.
- While pressing the hands, it can attain the position as X. gently be in the position for 10 seconds. Then release both the hands.
The wall push up is considered as a basic exercise, as it helps to make the muscles to get toned and calorie burners. This exercise targets the lats, muscles in the core, rhomboids, biceps, muscles in the chest, deltoids.
Procedure for doing Wall Push-ups
- You should take a position from a wall by standing 2-3 feet away. Keep both of the palms in wall placing the shoulder in a width. And the palm of the hand should be at the level of the shoulder. Consider this as the start position.
- We should bend the elbow and the chest should be brought close to a wall. You must inhale at the time of inhaling. Take a deep breath and get back to the start position. As you head is in a straight line at shoulders, abs remain tight and the glutes get the squeeze.
Overhead Shoulder Press
The overhead shoulder press exercise is considered an excellent exercise for the shoulders and the pectorals. In this exercise, we use two dumbbells.
Procedure for doing Overhead Shoulder Press
- By standing in a straight position, place the feet in wider direction when compared with that of the shoulder width. Kindly, keep the arms in the upward direction as the upper side of the arms are seems to be parallel for the surface of the ground.
- And as the forearms in upper arms are perpendicular to each other, so that palm of the hand should be faced in the forward direction. Consider this as the start position.
- Then press both of the hands in the upward direction in the form of an arc and bring both of the dumbbells close to each other and make a press so that it can move above the surface of the head. In that case, you should not keep the arms in a straight position. Gently push the arms on the backside in order to get the start position.
Benefits of chest exercise for women:
- The chest exercise can help you to make the muscles to get stronger and the upper parts of the body get toned. In order to make the upper part of the body in an atoning way, it helps to remain the strong and fit.
- Chest exercise can help you to take control of the breast sagging. By doing this exercise, it cannot keep the breast to rock hard. So the outcome of this exercise is higher and the breast looks larger, with the shape that gets improved.
As we have discussed the chest work out exercises, it helps us to increase the fitness level, and make the muscle stronger for both the men and women as it acts as a complete guide. Generally, the workouts can be learned from home as well as in the gym. Basically, the women do not have enough time for learning the exercise in a gym so they prefer homes.
Learning the workout exercise in a home may be haunting and particularly the group of the muscles can be denoted as pectorals. In order to live in a happy and healthy follow the exercise regularly and take food which one is good in nutrition and always carries a positive attitude. Take care of the body following chest workouts as it helps to increase both the mental and physical health of the body.