This article focuses on the problem related to paralysis with its various types, causes, symptoms, and conclusion. This disease is characterized by the involvement of the central nervous system that directly affects the functions of muscles and nerves. Thus, will hamper the functions of a particular body part. Some people have good control over their bodies and some don’t. Some people stuck in the daily consumption of alcohol, not doing exercise daily is easily affected by the paralysis. The information that is providing in this article will help all the people to vanish the effects of paralysis with the herbal and home remedies.
Paralysis is a loss of control in the movement of a particular body part of the human body. When any part of the nervous system- like the brain, spinal cord, or nerves loses its power and unable to do sensory and motor functions, and causes stiffness or either the wasting of muscles which results in paralysis. Any part of the human body can be affected by paralysis at any time. Sometimes one’s feels numbness in a particular part of the body. In other words, there is no realization of pain in the affected area that helps us to determine the paralysis attack in our body. Eventually, it comes in many different forms that sometimes are temporary or permanent.
Types of Paralysis
- Complete paralysis: It occurs when someone is unable to control the muscle activities or to move their muscles.
- Partial Paralysis: It occurs when there is some activity control in the body but not full control of the muscles.
- Localized paralysis: It can be identified when attacks on some particular area, like feet, hands, face, etc.
- Locked-in Syndrome: It is a very rare kind of paralysis. In this form, a person loses all the control of his body but only controls the movement of eyes.
- Generalized paralysis: It can be classified on how much paralysis affected the human body:
- Hemiplegia: When someone feels only on the one-half side of the body is affected, that situation is called hemiplegia.
- Diplegia: If both sides of the body affect or feel the numbness, that condition is known as Diplegia.
- Monoplegia: When it attacks only on one leg and one arm that is called monoplegia.
- Quadriplegia: When both legs and arms get affected is called quadriplegia.
Causes of Paralysis
A paralysis is a sudden event that may affect anyone at any time. Some people are by birth paralyzed and some become victim of it, due to accident or medical condition.(1)According to Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, the blood vessels and nutrients to the brain are blocked due to stroke which is the major cause of paralysis in the United States. The main effect can be shown in 30 percent of cases of people. The spinal cord injury can be observed as 23 percent in the people.
Important causes of paralysis are as follow:
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis: AFM caused an unpleasant attack of paralysis due to spinal cord problems.
- Arteriovenous Malformations: AM caused weakness in the circulatory system that arises during the period of pregnancy or prenatal development.
- Lyme disease: It is a kind of bacterial infection that can be produced when parasites such as ticks bite on the part of the human body.
- Spinal cord Injury: Any damage to the spinal nerves or spinal cord can arise this problem.
- Cerebral palsy: It is generally caused when there is damage to the brain’s part that controls the movement of the human body or some abnormal development.
- Stroke: Stroke may block the blood supply to a particular area of the brain may lead to paralysis.
- Spinal tumors: Tumors are unusual growth of tissues that may damage the structure as well as functions of the skull and spinal nerves that may lead to paralysis.
Symptoms and Risk Factors
Paralysis creates the inability to move the body parts. It may occur on one side of the body or on both sides of the body. Sudden paralysis is a serious problem indicating a medical emergency like a stroke. In general, people lose their control of the muscle movement in their bodies. The movement is controlled by the communication between the central nervous system (that is the brain and the spinal cord) and the motor nerves. When there is a disturbance in the path of communication between the brain and the muscles, this creates the damage and loses control in the movement of the muscles. This improper functioning and weakness in the muscles cause paralysis which directly shows the inability to move the body part.
Other Paralysis Symptoms
- Mood swings.
- Personality change or change in behavior.
- Difficulty with speaking, memory, reading, thinking, writing.
- Neck pain.
- Loss in hearing.
- Breathing problem.
If one of us feels any kind of such symptoms in our body, then take urgent medication or immediately consult a doctor.
Risk factors including problems in genes, high blood pressure, consumption of alcohol, smoking, high salt consumption, cholesterol, lack of exercise, etc.
Complications of Paralysis
Paralysis can be caused due to serious kind of diseases, not taking proper medication leads to permanent damage and serious complications. Paralysis affects the overall functioning in our bodies. People lose control and balance of their body, inability to move and to perform day-to-day tasks, and also loses a sense of taste. If any body parts damages due to paralysis, it is permanent. Because it is difficult for the spinal cord to cure itself. Painkillers are used for temporary relief from pain.
It is easy to diagnosis the symptoms of paralysis due to loss in muscle control. Usually, the doctor wants to know more about the root cause of paralysis. For that purpose, the doctor may advise one or more tests:
- CT scan
- Blood tests
Herbal Remedies for Paralysis
Planet Ayurveda offers the best herbal remedies which are helpful in treating paralysis. We provide pure and 100 percent natural products. There are no side effects of any product. Hence, the products are safe to use. Also, there is no addition of chemicals and preservatives in the products.
- Ashwagandha capsule: Withaniasomnifera is commonly used to raise the factor of immunity in the human body. Ashwagandha capsule provides support to muscles, increases the mental stamina, and also improves the nervous system.
- Brahmi: The scientific name of Brahmi is Bacopa. These capsules are packed in Planet Ayurveda with the best quality Brahmi. It is natural and used for improving thinking, memory, learning power, protect brain cells.
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa): It is known for its antioxidant effects, It is an active compound present in turmeric. It helps to reduce swelling of the affected nerve and also helps to provide relief from the pain.
- Brahma Rasayana: It is prepared with five major ingredients like Vacha, Shankhpushpi, Amla, Pippali, and Twak. It is an Ayurvedic health medicine used to improve the memory, mental abilities, well-being of a person, intelligence, etc. It helps in reducing stress, tiredness, etc.
- Vrihat Vatchintamani Ras: It helps in the treatment of paralysis. It is an Ayurvedic medicine offered by Planet Ayurveda used to improve all types of pains and acidity problems in the human body.
- Ashwagandha capsule: 1 capsule twice in a day on the daily basis after meals.
- Brahmi – 1 capsule twice in a day on the daily basis after meals.
- Curcumin – 1 capsule twice in a day on the daily basis after meals.
- Brahma rasayan – 1 teaspoonful twice in a day on the daily basis after meals.
- Vrihat Vatchintamani Ras –1 tablet twice in a day on the daily basis after meals.
Home Remedies for Paralysis:
- Regular massage with mustard oil in order to treat paralysis and reduce pain.
- Take 1 kg sugarcane and grind it, then boil it till it reaches the half level of it. Mix it with black pepper, piple bamsalochan, mulethi, elaichi, and half kg of misri. Then make syrup and take 2 ml regularly. This is also used to reduce the effect of paralysis.
- Take 180- 200 grams of ginkgo in a day. It helps to decrease the effect of a stroke attack.
- Take 100 grams of vitamin C on a daily basis.
- Take 1 tablespoon of flaxseed in a day, it is also beneficial.
- Make a mixture of black pepper, honey, and dry ginger powder. Consume it twice in a day for more useful results in reducing the paralysis.
- Massage whole body with the oil will also help to reduce the effect of paralysis.
As paralysis is described above, we all need to clean the environment and our daily using devices like, car, workplace, clothes, home, etc. Hence, it is clearly mentioned above that the paralysis can be easily treated with an effective diet, herbs, and home remedies. The herbs and products offered by the Planet Ayurveda hold many properties which can easily help in treating paralysis.